Interview with Jordan Norwood WR of the Cleveland Browns


1) How was your recruiting process out of highschool and what was the main draw in attending Penn State other then Joe Pa lol.

My recruiting process out of high school was kind of quiet. I got recruited by a lot of Division 1AA schools to play both football and basketball, and Penn State was my only opportunity to play Division 1 football. One of the coaches at PSU at the time adamantly told me that I was good enough to play at that level so I took his advice and committed to Penn Sate.

2) When you college career was over how was the process of getting ready for the combine and your pro-day. And how were your results and were you satisfied with them?

The process of getting ready for the combine and pro-day was pretty cool. After choosing and signing with an agent, I went to Florida to train with a few other of my agent's clients. It was cool to hang with other guys that were heading to the combine and into the draft that May. I didn't do as well as I hoped at the combine, partially because I was a little injured from my last collegiate game. However, the experience was well-worth it and I don't regret going one bit.

3) How was the process of signing an agent and what was the toughest part of choosing an agent?

The toughest part about signing an agent is being able to see if your best interest is their priority. After interviewing 4 or 5 agents I chose mine, Peter Schaffer, who was initially recommended to me by a former PSUer in the NFL.

4) Where did you stay for the NFL draft? Was there a round where you were projected to be selected? How was you nerves througjout the draft?\
5) How tough was it to not hear you name called?
6) What was the feeling when you got the camp invite by the Browns?
I stayed at home during the draft with my family and girlfriend. I was projected on getting drafted anywhere from the fourth round all the not at all. I ended up not hearing my name called which was more frustrating than anything else. I probably wasn't very cordial to my family and girlfriend during those few hours because I was so up tight. When the draft ended and my name wasnt called it was actually kind of cool because I was immediately on the phone with 8 teams or so who wanted to sign me and have me in camp. So, at that point I could pretty much choose a situation that I'd want to be in.


7)What's the biggest transition from the college game to the pros? 

The biggest transition is probably the preparation that goes into each game each week. In college you had classes, homework, and studying that took up the majority of your day. But in the NFL, theres till classes, homework, and studying but it's all football!

8) Who was your favorite football player and team growing up?

My favorite football player was probably Barry Sanders growing up.

9) What keeps you striving to be the best football player possible?

My motivation to be the best possible player is mostly a result of my faith. I know that my abilities are God-given and that I owe it to him to perform to the best them. I really have no motivation other than that. I don't strive to be considered the best WR to have ever played the game or to make more money than I know what to do with... Instead I think all the personal accolades only have a chance of being accomplished if I set them aside and treat my abilities as the blessings that they are.

10) Whats the best advice someone has ever given you during your pursuit to the NFL?

Cant really think of a good answer for that one, sorry bro.

Hope this is good enough for you though man, take it easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NFL Draft (Offensive Guards)

Chris Lebron and Sam Hopkins Draft Rankings